Friday, January 8, 2016

Hello lover, it's been a while ( 4 years to be exact)


Hi lover. It's been a while. Four years to be exact. So many has happened. So let's get started on updates. Carmela is still with me. Loyal to the end and still owns my bed. Weiner dog love is the best. Mia, my niece, the best thing my sister has ever done, is almost taller than her mom (she's 9) and a loving child. Tania is still thriving and recently got married after five years of pure bliss. I have to additions to my life, my half sisters R&F. Both so loving and well grounded. F is 14 year with huge model features and height. I had a small panic attack when at last year's EDC a friend asked me about her. Yes, I'm keeping her close. We bond over EDM, reading and Starbucks. She insists I'm her favorite spirit animal which I gladly accept considering her massive Instagram and Tumbler following. And here I thought I was cooler. R keeps surprising me with her discipline and work ethic. At 24, she works in a Big Four while burying herself for the CPA. Parental units are great. Dad hit the 5 year cancer free milestone. Funny how cancer can change you for the better. He's a true example of that. Mom still married, still devoted to the kitchen, to Mia, God and living life to the fullest. 

As for me. Changes, changes and more changes. On the friend side, the ones who were my best friends, they no longer are. But I keep the faith that we will cross paths again. New friends have arrived in many shapes and forms. I have to say I'm f***ing blessed to have an amazing support system. In 2013, I started running and did my first half marathon and dropped a whopping 30 pounds in 16 weeks. Did Miami Half in 2014 with busted hamstrings and quietly quit for a bit. I'm still very active, but I have a personal goal to being at my fittest by 40. That is in 18 months. YIKES!!!!

On love, after dating with some very questionable individuals with flawed character, I found myself in love with an unexpected individual. No, not a girl but a guy 15 years my junior. Trust me, that is the last thing I expected to happen. And although is very complex thing to describe, understand or simply get, I'm happy I opened my heart to simply feel and love without judgement. Currently, I feel we are on a break, but the emotional attachment ( co-dependence?) is there. It an overwhelming place to be, trust me.  We have no idea what will happen, but I only know one thing: we both want true happiness and success for each other.  More on that later. 

Career wise, I'm at a crossroads. At 38 1/2 I have no idea how I'm going to spend the next 20 years. After a successful 5 year run as a non profit Executive Director, I quit due to burn out. Without another job, plan or idea on what to do. And even though it was a rash decision, it was a sanity saver. I had an amazing run, a true school, but soul draining as well.  I landed a few clients and worked in a consulting firm for 6 months. Again, other stuff happened and i'm happy to report I'm still standing. My friend Laura, a wise, wise friend, told me I have been giving birth for the past year. Growth is necessary but draining as well if you don't keep yourself in check. 

I only know that even though I have no idea what will happen.  I just know that every challenge is a temporary and that I'll be fine.  Not fine, amazing. Life has taught me that. 

No comments: